I couldn’t agree more with the brilliant Marie Forleo. So here is her bit of wisdom, one more time:
“Clarity comes from engagement, not thought.”
I tested this idea in the past month, and can confirm it’s super true!
These are the 9 lessons I’ve learnt since starting this website/blog a month and a day ago:
- Don’t wait until you’re “ready”. “Ready” is just an illusion, an excuse.
- Take action so that you give yourself the chance to become ready.
- An idea coupled with intention will get you nowhere. It’s taking action that will bring you closer to your goals.
- Or to put it differently, ideas, until they are in your head, are just ideas. If you don’t take action on them, they will go wasted …
- … and really fast! Have a notebook or something around ALL THE TIME, because the best ideas will find you when you least expect it: On the tube, in the shower, or in the morning bed … You don’t write it down immediately, and you risk losing them forever.
“Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen.”
Couldn’t resist this John Steinbeck quote. Truth 100%. One comes after the other, and the other, and the other …
- … and the best of all: They’re getting better and more exciting!
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Embrace them. They’re your best teacher.
- You know you’re on the right path when it excites you so much that you can’t wait to get back to it.
And now, I would love to hear from you.
Have you ever struggled to get started? Had loads of seemingly great ideas but hesitant to take action on any of them? How did you overcome this challenge?
Please share your ideas in the comments below.
Thank you so much for reading, and please don’t forget to share this post if you think it could help someone close to you.