Such a complex topic. Communication. One of my favourites. And this is why:
“Your ability to communicate with others will account for fully 85% of your success in your business and in your life.”
As a teacher and marketing specialist, I practice communication at work.
As a wife, daughter, sister, friend etc, I do it in my personal life.
And as an author and blogger, I practice it when I’m writing.
Even silence is a means of communication.
And then as a business owner, I sell products and services. I need to communicate my ideas to my customers, to my potential customers as well as to my team. Therefore, a business communicates on a rather complex level that is just amazing to see when done well:
- The business sells products/services that they want to introduce to a potential clientele.
- The business sells products/services that they want to introduce to their existing clientele.
- The business has people in it (team), and they need to communicate and stand for the same idea that the business stands for.
- The team communicates with each other on both a professional and personal level.
- The business has a mission that they stand for and should communicate (hint: if you want to make it a success, it’s a lot more than just sales and making money …)
Wow, that’s a whole lot of communication
But essentially, when orchestrated well, this becomes a machine that fulfils its purpose by serving customers and the world well, a machine that everyone working in and for can be proud of, feel happy and fulfilled.
Idealistic? Maybe. But here is a great quote on that:
I’m going to explore these areas in future blog posts – one by one, bit by bit, so stay tuned.
Got feedback? I’d love to know. Please leave a comment below.