Just came across this conversation with linguist and communication consultant Eloise Leeson on Youtube, and thought it had to be shared here with you. I’ll definitely want to revisit this video again and again.
Sociolinguistics, active listening, linguistic mirroring, different levels of competence, solving problems, integrity – all tied into the context of sales and marketing. A conversation packed with so much wisdom.
Just some of the highlights for me:
- Sell your value, not your price.
- Responsibility = The ability to respond.
- Being assumptive is one of the most dangerous things you can do when marketing your business.
- Don’t assume that you know what your customer wants.
- Don’t assume that you can find out what your customer wants without asking them.
Without further ado, here it is:
If you’ve had a chance to watch, let me know if you had any lightbulb moments in the comments below.
Really hope this will be useful to you.
Let’s make something beautiful together.
Get fortnightly marketing nuggets from me right to your inbox.
You’ll be able to unsubscribe with a just click, anytime.